10 General Travel Tips
By Sarah H
When you go away to a far off destination, usually it should be an enjoyable experience but you will always hear some horror stories and this is likely because people didn’t take the necessary precautions when visiting other countries or the travel destinations. A few travel tips may be in order to save the day.
Here are ten travel tips you can save to your computer and follow for your next trip.
1. Use a wallet that is carefully concealed so it won’t be easy to snatch.
2. If you are worried about your travelers checks, then send it to yourself via post to the hotel you will be staying at.
3. Although strictly not necessary, but it is advisable to have a general outline of where you are going and staying and then leaving it with a family member in case something happens, they would know where to start looking.
4. Keep copies of your personal identification at home just in case you may need it.
5. When traveling try and bring one credit card only so you minimize the loss if your wallet gets stolen.
6. Another option is to use a preloaded credit or debit card. You can find them in shops and online. One such card that I highly recommend is the PayPal preloaded card.
7. Bring phone numbers of essential people to contact and also things like the embassy’s phone number, and the phone number to cancel your credit card if needed.
8. Make sure to keep a copy of your travel insurance information at home for emergencies.
9. If you have allergies or depend on specific medicine, then bring the basic information written in the local language of the destination you are visiting in case of an emergency.
10. Understand what insurance is covered on your Credit Card. Some things may not be covered in foreign countries.